Employment Opportunities, Assistance Programs & Services
Looking for assistance or services in Allegany County?
Click here for Path2Help and find the help you need
Connect with an interested employer!
Click on the employers listed below to learn more about who they are and what they do.
- Big Bear Lake
- Truck driver/equipment operator
- Lineman /Utility Worker
- Camp Dawson
- Dairy Maid Dairy – Frederick, Maryland
- Deep Creek Property Services / Riley Vacations
- Eastern Shore Forest Products in Salisbury, MD – Expanding Full & Part-time Positions in MD&DE
- Office Management
- Equipment Operators
- Mid-level Managers
- Flagger Force
- Home Depot DFC Warehouse
- Long Falls Paperboard
- Mineral County Schools
- Thompson Creek Windows
- Sierra Hygiene Products
- Stonestreet Busing LLC
- VT Industries – Hagerstown, Maryland
Connect with programs!
You are considered a “Dislocated Worker” if you have lost or have received notice that you will lose your job as part of a facility closure of layoff. In Maryland, there is an extensive network of service providers in place to assist you during this transition. Additional information about these services and resources can be found in the booklet, “ An Employment Benefits Guide for the Worker in Transition.
Rapid Response is a strategy designed to provide and inform individuals of services supporting them during the transition between positions. The following are just some of the activities that are available during a Rapid Response:
- Layoff Aversion
- Information on and access to unemployment compensation benefits
- Delivery of necessary workshops and classes
- Trade Impact Assessment
Rapid Response teams meets with companies to assess potential layoffs and closings and work collaboratively planning the most appropriate response meeting workers’ needs. Depending on the needs of the impacted workers, coordination with other partners may be necessary.
Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) program provides assistance to workers who lose their jobs or whose hours of work and wages are reduced as a result of increased imports. If an event is deemed trade-eligible, the following additional benefits are available:
- Increased training opportunities
- Greater length of time for retraining or skills upgrades
- Financial assistance with out-of-area job interviews (limits apply)
- Financial assistance with relocating for employment (limits apply)
- Income supplements for older workers who qualify
- Increased timeframes to receive cash benefits
DLLR has filed a Trade Adjustment Act petition with the U.S. Department of Labor. If accepted, resources would cover additional benefits. Update! petition has been certified, learn more!
Consumer Assistance with Health Insurance
Consumer assistance with health insurance is now available in Westernport on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 am until 6 pm. We anticipate being in Westernport at least through July. We are located in the Rectory of St. Peter’s Catholic Church which is at 127 Church Street, Westernport. See flyer for details